"Think About That" sees the multi-platinum UK-born BRIT Award-winning songstress unearth a rarely seen and heard side of herself. The stark and minimal production from DJ Camper (Nicki Minaj, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey) gives way to intensely personal lyrics and a raw, soulful performance. "I didn't want to write any new songs." Jessie J explains, "Camper said "Ok" then before he left the room, he put the beat for "Think About That" on a loop. The lyric and melody just starting falling out of me, and 15 minutes later when he returned I had a song. He laughed and said "see""
Earlier this week, Jessie J announced 'R.O.S.E.'–an acronym for "Realizations, Obsessions, Sex, and Empowerment"–via a video detailing her struggles and journey to this body of work without pulling any punches. 'R.O.S.E.' represents a bold evolution for the artist as she shares personal stories over the course of the tracklisting.
In addition, Jessie J has revealed her upcoming tour schedule of intimate rooms, beginning in the UK on October 8 at Birmingham Institute, followed by Manchester Albert Hall on October 9, and London's KOKO on October 11 with further dates plotted across Europe and the US through October 28 at Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, CA. Tickets will be available to public Wednesday, September 20th at 10am local venue time. Check out the full itinerary below…
International & U.S. Tour Dates:
- 10/8 | Birmingham, UK | Birmingham Institute
- 10/9 | Manchester, UK | Manchester Albert Hall
- 10/11 | London, UK | KOKO
- 10/14 | Cologne, GR | Live Music Hall
- 10/16 | Amsterdam, NL | Paradiso
- 10/17 | Berlin, GR | Huxleys Neue Welt
- 10/23 | Toronto, ON | Mod Club
- 10/24 | New York, NY | La Poisson Rouge
- 10/25 | Chicago, IL | Bottom Lounge
- 10/27 | Los Angeles, CA | Troubadour
- 10/28 | San Francisco, CA | Great American Music Hall