The family of Tony Robinson is vowing that their fight for justice for the slain teen is not over.
As previously reported Officer Matt Kenney will not face charges for shooting the unarmed 19-year-old seven times after he claims he attacked him.
NBC 15 reports:
Family members of Tony Robinson say they will not give up in their fight for justice, despite the District Attorney’s decision not to charge officer Matt Kenny. The family met with Dane County DA Ismael Ozanne moments after his announcement.
Robinson’s family then spoke with the media outside the Social Justice Center, just a block up for the home where Robinson was shot March 6.
“This is politics and not justice,” said Sharon Irwin, Robinson’s grandmother.
The family reiterated that today’s decision is not an “end” for them.
“What they did not realize the night they took my son from me, is that I am not the type to be defeated and I am not but just beginning to fight,” Robinson’s mom, Andrea Irwin, said to protestors Tuesday evening.
Shortly after meeting with Ozanne, the family received court documents pertaining to the case. Robinson’s uncle, Turin Carter, said the family needed to look through the documents and then decide what action they will take. He said they are exploring other legal options.
Dashcam footage has now been released that shows Officer Kenney entering a home and shooting Robinson at close range by firing seven times in 3 seconds.
In the video he’s seen backing out of the home and firing the seventh shot as the teen’s feet appear in the doorway.