Suspects In Tyshawn Lee Murder Beaten & Threatened In Jail

9 Year-Old Tyshawn Lee Before He Was Murdered

Three men that were arrested in the death of Chicago child. 9-year-old Tyshawn Lee, were recently put in protective custody or were given transfers from Cook County Jail after they were beaten and/or threatened by other inmates, according to sources.

Corey Morgan, Kevin Edwards, & Dwright Boone-Doty are currently waiting to go to trial in the November 2015 murder of Tyshawn, who was lured into an alley before being shot in the head, which later sent shockwaves all around the world and demanded that law enforcement address escalating violence in the city (which they still refuse to do).

To this day, the cops claim that Tyshawn was targeted because his father, Pierre Stokes, is an alleged leader of the Gangster Disciples, which happen to be a rival to the suspects’ gang, the Black Pstones. The rivalry eventually came to a deadly head when the mother & brother of suspected shooter Morgan were allegedly gunned down by members of the Gangster Disciples. Sources claim that 20 days after the shooting, Tyshawn was lured from a park near his grandmother’s house before being gunned down himself. Since Morgan was taken into custody back in late November, he has received death threats & has been beaten by other inmates.

According to a cop’s report written after Morgan’s first court appearance:

“Detainees in the bullpen next to detainee Morgan recognized him from the news and began shouting at him saying they were going to get him and that he was going to die.”

Morgan, Edwards, & Boone have since reported death threats & assaults by inmates in the Cook County Jail. Morgan filed for protective custody on the same day he was detained, and he was eventually moved to the Kankakee County Jail. Boone-Doty was also granted protective custody then placed in “disciplinary segregation” after a fight that went down back in February 2016.

Boone-Doty made a court appearance on Thursday (8.17.2017), and his lawyers refused to comment on the threats he received that might have been the cause of his July 7th suicide attempt. Edwards, the third suspect, was transferred to the Livingston County Jail just days after he was being held in Cook County.

Also on VannDigital...