In this episode of "People's Party With Talib Kweli", Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with radio personality and Food Network show host:
Sunny and Talib's long-time friendship set the table for some great conversation. Here's what they discussed:
- Sunny and Talib meeting during a Hot97 event at a club in Brooklyn.
- Getting a gig DJing at a nightclub and interning for a news network while in high school.
- Early encounters with racism and what Sunny learned from her Mother.
- How Sunny got put on as a Hot97 DJ and a falling out later during contract negotiations.
- Sunny staying at Talib's place after her move back to NY from LA.
- Talib's grandmother Beverly's advice of not limiting oneself.
- How Sunny's catering business 'Sunny's Delicious Dishes' came to fruition.
- Meeting Emeril Lagasse and how it changed the trajectory of her career.
- Sunny's approach on her shows with easy to cook, everyday meals.
- Her invention of the 'Infladium', an inflatable snack stadium.