How To Submit Music Correctly To Blogs (@HipHopsRevival @KayohBeats)
Blogs are not dead! Some of these blogs are ran by influencers, A&R’s, DJ’s, producers, etc. Even if there’s someone running it that’s currently not major, its a big possibility that they become someone in the industry eventually and networking and building relationships is the key to success, so please don’t disregard the smaller outlets/people! When your submitting content for posting here’s some tips to keep in mind.
- First, don’t attach files even if your submitting for premier
- Make the subject of your email interesting, but to the point
- Don’t beg for it and look desperate
- If your doing a blast to multiple emails, BCC them
- You don’t have to brag about being next up, that’s an opinion
- Every blog has a different process for posting. Ask them theirs.
- If possible, submit one link to promote
- Structure the email neat and clean for easy transfer (Don’t forget social media)
- Don’t get mad that they want a few dollars if you want on their site
- Submit new shit that’s nothing past 30 days from the release
- Don’t forget a few good quality images to use for the post
- Repost, Share, Comment, Like, Favorite, etc
- Don’t forget to thank them and stay in contact
- Keep building that relationship