Bread of Kaliwild delivers his sophomore album, ‘A Breath Of Fresh Air’, featuring Lord Jamar & Sadat X of Brand Nubian, Nottz, Keak Da Sneak, Planet Asia, and more.
“With ‘A Breath of Fresh Air’, I plan to deliver that classic hip-hop sound I grew up with. The album will let the world know that this sound is still alive and well.” —Bread of Kaliwild on his new album
‘A Breath Of Fresh Air’ is the triumphant, inspiring new album from Bread of Kaliwild, a longtime staple of the underground rap scene who continues to grow and shine as an emcee. And while he certainly made waves with the release of his solo debut, ‘Daily Bread‘, in 2019, Bread is on another level with the ten tracks on this project. It’s all part of his plan to capture the sound he loves and holds so dearly, all while pushing himself as a lyricist.
Specifically, the L.A. rap staple calls out “What Love Is” as one of his favorite lyrical moments, and it’s easy to see why when you hear it. During the third verse, he shows love to his children in a creative and heartfelt way like only he can. “That’s my favorite verse ‘cause it was very personal,” he says. “Straight from my heart.”
“What Love Is” is also one of several collaborations between Bread and living producer legend Nottz, one of the emcee’s go-to producers. The two linked for ‘Daily Bread’ and kept creating magic for their tracks together on this record. Whether it’s on the politically charged “Eye 4 Eye” or on the moving Guru tribute “Nice Like That” featuring Big Shug, Bread and Nottz are a force.
The Kaliwild rapper’s ear for production doesn’t stop there, either. His two other collaborators—beatsmiths Noah Ayala and Therealasethic—provide a wealth of warm, head-nodding instrumentals for Bread and his guests. Just listen to “Godz Return”, a funky West Coast banger produced by Ayala that also features Planet Asia. Or head to the Bay Area on “Feels So Good”, which boasts Therealasethic’s shimmering production and guest vocals from Keak da Sneak, URG7, and Gemini.
There’s so much to love about ‘A Breath Of Fresh Air’, though the most remarkable aspect may just be Bread’s passion. ‘A Breath Of Fresh Air’ is available now via DSPs and vinyl through SomeOthaShip Connect in partnership with Fat Beats.
‘A Breath Of Fresh Air’ Tracklisting:
- Let Us Begin featuring DJ Romes [Produced by Noah Ayala]
- Star featuring Sadat X, Lord Jamar, & Sirius [Produced by Therealasethic]
- Feels So Good featuring Keak Da Sneak & URG7 [Produced by Therealasethic]
- What Love Is [Produced by Nottz]
- Christie featuring Rum Boss [Produced by Nottz]
- World Wide Peace featuring Frequency Konstruct [Produced by Therealasethic]
- Cornbread featuring DJ Romes [Produced by Therealasethic]
- Eye 4 Eye [Produced by Nottz]
- Godz Return featuring Planet Asia [Produced by Noah Ayala]
- Nice Like That (Guru Tribute) featuring Big Shug [Produced by Nottz]