SiriusXM launches limited-run “Small Stage Series” channel to spotlight top artists’ live performances from the acclaimed national series
Channel to highlight exclusive concerts captured in cities across the country from Alicia Keys, Brandi Carlile, Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Ed Sheeran, Glass Animals, H.E.R., J Balvin, J. Cole, Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, Kenny Chesney, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Shaggy, The Go-Go’s, and Twenty One Pilots
SiriusXM announced today the limited-run “Small Stage Series” Channel. The channel features 16 exclusive live performances from top artists in cities from coast to coast, captured this year, as a part of SiriusXM and Pandora’s “Small Stage Series”.
SiriusXM and Pandora announced the “Small Stage Series” this summer, as a collaboration with some of music’s premier artists and iconic venues.
Listeners to SiriusXM and Pandora had the chance to attend performances at the world-famous Apollo Theater in New York City, New Orleans’ fan-favorite Tipitina’s, L.A.’s legendary venues on the Sunset Strip, The Whisky a Go Go, The Roxy, and more. Now, listeners can relive and hear all of these performances on one SiriusXM channel.
The “Small Stage Series” Channel will be available for one week, beginning December 28 and will run through January 4 via satellite on Channel 104 and on the SXM App.
The “Small Stage Series” Channel will feature performances from:
- Alicia Keys: The 15-time GRAMMY® Award-winning singer and songwriter gave a hometown performance at the world-famous Apollo Theater in Harlem, NY on November 11. Keys’ performance included five songs from her unreleased (at the time) new album, ‘Keys’.
- Brandi Carlile: In the midst of her “Right On Time” Tour, Brandi Carlile stopped off in Amagansett, NY at Stephen Talkhouse on August 22 to perform signature songs from her career, as well as music from her much-anticipated and now GRAMMY®-nominated new album, ‘In These Silent Days’.
- Coldplay: The GRAMMY® Award-winning British rock band performed at the world-famous Apollo Theater in Harlem, New York on September 23. The exclusive concert marks the first time that Coldplay has performed at the iconic venue and their first live show since before the COVID pandemic. The performance comes just ahead of the band’s 9th studio album, ‘Music of the Spheres’.
- Dave Matthews: The GRAMMY® Award winning singer-songwriter performed an invitation-only acoustic set on August 19 in Amagansett, NY at Stephen Talkhouse. The special concert featured music spanning the influential artist and songwriter’s career.
- Ed Sheeran: To celebrate the recent arrival of his chart-topping new album, ‘=’, global superstar Ed Sheeran performed at The Belasco in Los Angeles on December 6. The intimate set for SiriusXM subscribers and Pandora listeners will feature Sheeran performing songs from ‘=’, alongside older fan favorites.
- Glass Animals: The GRAMMY® nominated British alternative band and SiriusXM ‘Future Five’ pick for 2021 performed an exclusive intimate invitation-only show on October 4 at Metro in Chicago. The concert, amid the band’s “Dreamland” Tour, featured music from Glass Animals’ three full-length albums including the double-platinum hit “Heat Waves.”
- H.E.R.: The Academy and GRAMMY® Award-winning singer-songwriter performed at the iconic Apollo theater in New York City on November 2. The exclusive concert, which will feature H.E.R. performing music from her recently released album, ‘Back of My Mind’, marking the first time that H.E.R. performed at the venue.
- J Balvin: The global ambassador of reggaeton recorded an exclusive show at Avant Gardner in New York City on September 16. The GRAMMY® Award winner performed his worldwide hits as well as music from his upcoming album that’s often heard on Pandora’s #1 Latin station, El Pulso.
- J Cole: The five-time platinum rapper, singer, songwriter, and producer performed at the Roxy in Los Angeles on October 23. J. Cole performed songs from his latest album, ‘The Off-Season’, as well as fan favorites amid his “The Off-Season” Tour.
- Jason Aldean: Country music superstar Jason Aldean performed a special concert at Nashville’s Marathon Music Works on November 12. Aldean performed new tracks from ‘MACON’, Aldean’s tenth studio album, that were released that same day.
- Kane Brown: The multi-platinum award-winning country sensation gave an exclusive look into his “Blessed and Free” Tour with a special performance during rehearsals on August 19 at Nashville Municipal Auditorium, performing songs straight off his tour setlist, including several chart-topping hits.
- Kenny Chesney: The eight-time Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year gave an intimate concert at the Key West Theater in Key West, Florida on September 30, marking his only concert this year, preceding his wildly anticipated “Here and Now 2022” Stadium Tour.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats: Taking the stage at Tipitina’s — one of the best-known clubs and locals’ favorite music venues in New Orleans — on November 13, this performance came on the heels of the release of the band’s new album, ‘The Future’. The setlist punctuated their greatest hits with some of the new material.
- Shaggy: The multi-GRAMMY® Award-winning reggae icon and host of the new radio show, Shaggy’s Yaad on SiriusXM FLY (Ch. 47), performed an exclusive show on an outdoor stage at Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, NY, on August 26.
- The Go Go’s: 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees, The Go-Go’s, brought their live show back to a stage where it all began, at L.A.’s Whiskey a Go Go, on Tuesday, December 14. Rooted in music history as groundbreakers and pop phenomenon, the group was born out of the L.A. punk scene and became the first all-female band writing their own material and playing their own instruments to top the U.S. Billboard album chart with their multi-platinum debut, ‘Beauty and the Beat’.
- Twenty One Pilots: The GRAMMY® Award-winning duo performed an intimate show at the Newport Music Hall in their hometown of Columbus, Ohio, on September 8. Ahead of their sold-out “Takeøver” Tour, the duo performed some of their biggest songs to date, including selections from their acclaimed new album, ‘Scaled and Icy’.
SiriusXM is available to subscribers in their car, on their phone and connected devices at home with the SXM App. Streaming access is included for most subscribers. Go to www.siriusxm.com/ways-to-listen to learn more.
Ed Sheeran @ The Belasco
H.E.R. @ The Apollo
J. Cole @ The Roxy
Glass Animals @ The Metro
Kenny Chesney @ The Key West Theater
Shaggy @ Stephen Talkhouse
Twenty One Pilots @ Newport Music Hall
Brandi Carlile @ Stephen Talkhouse
Dave Matthews @ Stephen Talkhouse
Kane Brown @ Nashville