The 2015 Soul Train Awards, hosted by Erykah Badu, went down last night. Some of the biggest winners were The Weeknd (who took home the Album Of The Year & Best Male R&B/Soul Artist awards as well as Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars for "Uptown Funk" which earned the Video Of The Year & Song Of The Year awards). Silento also happened to beat out Beyonce for Best Dance Performance while Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" snagged the Rap Song Of The Year award.
You can peep the full list of winners below:
- Jidenna - Best New Artist
- The Weeknd - Best Male R&B/Soul Artist
- Tyrese - Centric Certified Award
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars - Video Of The Year
- “All I Need Is You” by Lecrae - Best Gospel and/or Inspirational Song
- 'Beauty Behind The Madness' by The Weeknd - Album Of The Year
- "Alright" by Kendrick Lamar - Best Hip-Hop Song Of The Year
- Jill Scott - Best Female R&B/Soul Artist
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars - Song Of The Year
- “Glory” (from the movie "Selma") written by Lonnie Rashid Lynn, John Roger Stephens, & Che Smith (recording artists: Common & John Legend) - The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award
- “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” by Silento - Best Dance Performance
- "Post To Be" by Omarion featuring Chris Brown & Jhené Aiko - Best Collaboration
The "2015 Soul Train Awards" also introduced a new R&B cypher to the ceremony. Erykah Badu was on the 1's & 2's while Chrisette Michele, K-Ci Hailey, Eddie Levert, & Lalah Hathaway did their thing over the instrumental for Mobb Deep’s “Shook Ones"...You can give the R&B cypher a watch below!!!