In this episode of "People's Party With Talib Kweli," Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper, songwriter, elite lyricist, and one of the true champions of the mix-tape era:
There's a ton of history covered with the mix-tape king during this thorough discussion…Here's a brief overview:
- The living legacy and influence of Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, and Kool G Rap
- Working with Busta Rhymes on 'Touch It' remix and what it did for Pap's career
- Pap Giving DJ Kay Slay his demo tape fresh off a prison bid
- Defunding the police, prison reform, community policing, and Black ownership
- Signing a record deal with Jive for $1.5 million and the fallout that followed
- The backlash from records like 'Change Gone Come' and 'Sharades'
- The hip-hop marriage of Papoose and Remy Ma, and how they got together
- Starring on 'Love & Hip Hop' and Pap's surprise about how his fans reacted
- Papoose's latest album 'Endangered Species'
- Covid-19 and its impact on the marginalized
- Who will carry the torch for today's generation of emcees
Don't miss a minute of this one, with plenty of jewels spread throughout this full hour and some change.