In this episode of "People's Party With Talib Kweli", Talib Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with actor, poet, rapper, producer, and podcaster:
Here's what they got into on this one:
- His Decatur, Georgia upbringing and growing up feeling out of place at times
- The huge moment of performing his one man show, "HerO: A Work In Progress"
- Being into theater as well as athletics and almost being drafted into the NFL
- The drama of of Team Tasha vs. Team Angela on the series "Power"
- Working out and staying fit being an integral part of Omari living out his dream
- Homeless and living in his car before getting his break in the industry
- His casting in the film, "Next Day Air", directed by Benny Boom being a game changer
- How Dave Chappelle has always used his platform to show love
- Omari and 50 Cent collaborating on the song "50+O=500"
- Discussion about the similarities of "Game Of Thrones" vs. "Power"
- Feeling forever indebted to 50 for changing his life as well as so many others
- 50 Cent's online trolling of the "Empire" cast
- Illustrating Omari's alternate ending for the "Power" series
- The conflicting dynamic of Ghost's good/bad guy persona
- Omari being intent on making sure the character of Ghost was believable
- If the "Rust" onset accidental shooting has changed the industry
- Starring in rapper/director Boots Riley's "Sorry To Bother You"
- Omari's album '2540 Daze' and how the title relates to the death of Trayvon Martin
- Why LL Cool J is such an underrated emcee when discussing the GOATS
- Omari's raps reminding Talib of an "LL Meets Killah Priest"
- Working with Zach Snyder on the movie "Army Of The Dead"
"People's Party With Talib Kweli" is also available to give a listen via Spotify | SoundCloud | Google Play | Apple | Luminary