Negative Stats About Black Men Proven Wrong
Elev8 | The best kept secrets are the positive bits of information on Black Men in America that never get out to mainstream America. The picture is not as dire as you would have believed. The below information should dispel a few myths that day time television has dispersed. It is common place to hear all the negative remarks and not even second guess them when we hear them. Today comes positive information that should be shared.
Here are some verified African American Male statistics on education, economics and employment. Statistics you probably have never heard. Statistics we would challenge you to try discussing on your next visit to the local stylist, academic setting, or community activist meeting.
- There are more Black Males in College than in Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane combined. (1,236,443 in College/841,000 Incarcerates – regardless of age)
- 4 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Males in College vs. Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane. (674,000 in College/164,400 Incarcerates)
- 32.3% (1 in 3) Black Males ages 18-24 are enrolled in College (674,000 in College/2,082,000 Total)
- 1.37 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Females enrolled in College to Black Males. (930,000 Black Females Enrolled/674,000 Black Males Enrolled)
- 6.3% of Black Males (age 18-55+) enroll in College at a higher rate by sex than White Males and Hispanic Males and are surpassed only by Asian Males. (Black Males is 6.3%, White Males is 5.8%, Hispanic Males is 4.7%, & Asian Males is 9.7%)
- 25.1% of Black Males (age 25 or over) have either an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, or Doctoral Degree. (2,519,000 with Degrees/10,018,000 Total)
- 82.1% of Black Males (age 18 or over) have at least a High School Diploma or GED. (9,897,000 with HS Diploma or GED/12,044,000 Total)
*Click Above Link For Full Story!!!