MP3: Your Old Droog & Tha God Fahim feat. Pharoahe Monch - Slam Dunk Contest [Prod. Nottz]
Your Old Droog & Tha God Fahim may have just dropped a new project together last month, but they’re already back at it with “Slam Dunk Contest”, the snarling, bravado-laced lead single off their forthcoming follow-up album.
The track would have been dope enough with the two hosts sharing emcee duties, but it’s taken to another level entirely with a guest feature from Pharoahe Monch and production by Nottz, who layers his trademark thick basslines and wild sample flips for his rapping cohorts.
The track really feels like a lyrical “Slam Dunk Contest” as all three deliver ridiculous verses full of quotable shit talk. Your Old Droog stays true to theme with slick NBA references and wild punchlines (Malice at the Palace, anyone?), while Fahim spits ice-cold raps like “I’m like a funnel with no exit / I pass through tunnels in gold Lexus.” And then there’s Pharoahe, whose closing bars essentially sum up the track’s entire vibe: “King of the desert, Mad Max in the motorhome / With a sawed-off shotty, you know Queens get the provolone.”
“Slam Dunk Contest” is available now through all streaming platforms with the duo’s new collab album, 'Tha YOD Fahim', dropping this Friday (2.19.2021) through YOD’s Mongoloid Banks imprint via Fat Beats Records.
'Tha YOD Fahim' Tracklisting:
- Icee Shop/Entrées [Produced by DJ Preservation]
- Stretch [Produced by Cohen Beats]
- Charles Barkley [Produced by DJ Preservation]
- Mailman [Produced by Tha God Fahim]
- Slam Dunk Contest featuring Pharoahe Monch [Produced by Nottz]
- Brrt Simpson featuring Left Lane Didon [Produced by Theravada]
- Reign Man [Produced by Quelle Chris]
- WNBA [Produced by Tha God Fahim]
- The Dunking Dutchman [Produced by J-Es]
- A Long Time Coming [Produced by Tha God Fahim]
- Disney World [Produced by K-Nite 13]
- Lost Smile [Produced by Tha God Fahim]
- Questions [Produced by Tha God Fahim]
- 90 From The Line (Šarūnas Marčiulionis) [Produced by Ghost McGrady]