Robert Gee’s sophomore project, ‘Robert Gee: The EP‘, showcases his evolution as a singer/songwriter & producer whose music & lyrics speak directly from his heart to the heart of his listeners.
The lead single, “All I Ever Wanted”, finds Robert reflecting on a love relationship that could’ve been, but coming to the realization that it’s not ever going to work. The Grant Nicholas-produced track (Ne-Yo, Ledisi, Yolanda Adams, Musiq Soulchild, Angie Stone) frames Gee’s voice in polished R&B perfection.
Gee, who co-wrote the single along with Nicholas, shares:
“Being from Philly, my approach is always a soulful one – but what I love most of all about this song is that it is fresh and current while still tapping into the richness of my roots.”
11 facts about Robert Gee:
- Discovered as a teen by Patti Labelle during her run in “Your Arms Too Short To Box With God”
- Won the coveted Amateur Night at the Apollo
- Has sung with a who’s who of R&B and Gospel music stars including Vesta Williams, Luther Vandross, The Emotions, Teena Marie, BeBe Winans, Daryl Coley, LaShun Pace, and most recently, Loose Ends featuring Jane Eugene, Kashif, & Tevin Campbell.
- NAACP Image Award nominee in Theatre
- “Here We Go” was voted #1 on “The Morpheus Soul Show” in the UK for 3 weeks, besting releases from Jill Scott, Musiq Soulchild, Anthony Hamilton, etc.
- His singles, “All My Love” & “Here We Go”, appear in indie film “Misunderstandings”
- “All My Love” is/was an Amazon Top 10 R&B Single
- Won Best R&B Male Vocal Performance Award @ Black Music Association
- Won Best Soul/R&B Song @ Hollywood Music & Media Awards for “I Don’t Want To Lose Your Love”
- Won award for Best Indie Soul Artist @ Callywood Awards
- Received critical acclaim for his performance in Broadway-bound musical “Recorded In Hollywood: The John Dolphin Story”
You can give “All I Ever Wanted” a listen below…