MP3: @PsalmOne feat. Angelenah (@ILoveAngelenah) - Impatient (Just U & Us)
The first lady of Rhymesayers Entertainment, Chicago rapper Psalm One has been making noise in the underground rap scene for nearly a decade. With her new release, “Impatient (Just U & Us)”, the brainy emcee proves she’s anything but ordinary. Teaming up with fellow Rapper Chicks member Angelenah (fka Angel Davanport), who sings with a demanding urge on the song’s chorus, Psalm is yearning for love on the first single from her 'P.O.L.Y. (Psalm One Loves You)' album, which is set to drop in September.
“Impatient (Just U & Us)” & the forthcoming 'P.O.L.Y.' album follow Psalm One’s collaborative 'ZRO FOX' EP with ProbCause, which dropped earlier this year. Prior to 'ZRO FOX', Psalm One released her 'Free Hugs' EP independently under her Hologram Kizzie alias in 2013. In addition to being a acronym for 'Psalm One Loves You', the 'P.O.L.Y.' album title takes it’s name as an abbreviation of Polyamory, the philosophy or state of being in love or romantically involved with more than one person at the same time.
The Chicago rapper explains:
“I have multiple loving relationships personally & if you listen to the music, most of this album talks about it. I’ve never talked about it so much before. What makes this album so special to me is that I have so many loved ones working on it.”
Psalm One will be headlining her DIY Tour with support from Angelenah, Fluffy, & The Palmer Squares throughout August, September, & October – hitting various festivals & venues in the Midwest & Northeast.
- 8.21.2015 in Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
- 8.22.2015 – TBA
- 8.29.2015 in Indianapolis, IN @ Chreece Hip Hop Festival
- 9.11.2015 in Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest
- 9.18.2015 + 9.19.2015 in Carbondale, IL @ Manna Festival
- 9.22.2015 in Springfield, IL @ Bar Non
- 9.26.2015 in Urbana, IL @ Pygmalion Festival
- 9.27.2015 in Sioux Falls, SD @ Billy Frog’s
- 9.29.2015 in Omaha, NE @ Waiting Room Lounge
- 10.1.2015 in Iowa City, IA @ The Mill
- 10.10.2015 in Louisville, KY @ Outskirts Festival
- 10.18.2015 in Allston, MA @ Wonder Bar
- 10.21.2015 in Portland, MA @ Asylum
- 10.25.2015 in Manchester, NH @ Shaskeen Pub