Master P On 'People's Party With Talib Kweli'
In this episode of "People's Party With Talib Kweli", Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper, actor, record producer, and entrepreneur:
Here's some of what they dug into with a man who proved that with grind and determination, anything is achievable:
- Coming up in the infamous New Orleans' Calliope Projects.
- His grandfather's legacy being the driving force for P's success.
- A brief stint playing in the NBA for both the Charlotte Hornets and Toronto Raptors.
- Expanding on why people should pray for wisdom over money.
- How P was influenced by E-40's independent hustle after moving to the Bay Area.
- Mia X being hailed as the mother of Southern Gangsta Rap.
- The moment that P realized he reached real success after 'MTV Cribs' paid him a visit.
- Why he turned down a million dollar offer from Jimmy Iovine.
- Deals made with Pen & Pixel as well as the Source magazine.
- What it was like with Snoop joining the No Limit roster.
- P's latest products 'Rap Snacks' noodles and 'Hoody Hoos!' cereal.
- Companies like Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's being a mockery.
- P and his son Lil' Romeo giving guidance to future Black-owned businesses.
- BET's 'No Limit Chronicles' series, documenting the life of P.
- Foundation 'Team H.O.P.E. NOLA' helping at risk-youth as well as the elderly.