Instagram announced Remix On Reels on Wednesday (3.31.2021)!!! Remix On Reels lets you create your own Reel along-side an existing reel.
Now you can use the Remix feature in Reels to create your own reel next to one that already exists 🎭
Whether you’re capturing your reaction, responding to friends or bringing your own magic to trends, Remix is another way to collab on Instagram ✨ pic.twitter.com/eU8x74Q3yf
— Instagram (@instagram) March 31, 2021
John Legend is already having fun with Remix On Reels. He posted a clip of him performing his song “Conversations In The Dark” and has asked his fans to sing with him.
Here’s how you, the fan, can sing with John:
- Find a great reel (John’s Reel HERE)
- Tap the three dot menu on a reel and select “Remix this Reel”
- The screen will split into the original reel and your new one -- start recording your Remix! Your recording will be side-by-side to the original reel
- Once recorded, you can control the volume for the original audio, your recorded audio, and add a voiceover. To edit volume controls tap the slider icon up top, to add a voiceover tap the microphone icon up top
- Edit as you desire, and post your remixed Reel!