Jemele Hill On ‘People’s Party With Talib Kweli’
On the latest People’s Party, Kweli sits down with sports journalist and former ESPN host Jemele Hill to discuss her role with LeBron James’ “Shut Up And Dribble” documentary, Shaq and Kobe’s rap careers, and Donald Trump’s white supremacy agenda.
Topics covered on this week’s episode:
- 7:34 | Who’s the best athlete rapper? Is Shaquille O’Neal the best basketball rapper?
- 8:50 | Recalling Kobe Bryant’s attempt at being a rap star
- 9:48 | Jemele on narrating the LeBron James Documentary “Shut Up and Dribble”
- 19:50 | Colin Kaepernick’s protest against racial injustice and police brutality and how Donald Trump and the NFL hijacked the conversation to make it about military and patriotism
- 25:05 | Eminem, Trick Trick, Royce Da 5’9, and Big Sean breaking down barriers for Detroit recognition and helping Jemele’s journalism become fearless in the public eye
- 28:01 | On unapologetically calling Donald Trump a white supremacist
- 30:05 | Jemele on refusing to have Richard Spender or Candace Owens as guests on her “Unbothered” podcast
- 36:10 | Trump’s Racial Housing Discrimination lawsuits, The Central Park Five, and the birth of a conspiracy