In this episode of “People’s Party With Talib Kweli,” Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper, songwriter, singer, actor, and entrepreneur:
Here’s what they’ll be digging into with an artist that helped define an era:
- Getting his start with the Queens rap trio ‘Cash Money Click’.
- Early days of hustling at age 12 to help his mother pay the bills.
- His longtime friendship with Irv Gotti and his words of encouragement.
- The NY boroughs and their distinctive contributions to the culture.
- Why the supergroup of Jay-Z, DMX, and Ja Rule never came to fruition.
- The transition of ‘Venni Vetti Vecci’ to his second album ‘Rule 3:36’.
- Lesser known facts of the 50 Cent beef and Ja’s take on what sparked it.
- The unique method that Ja and Irv used to get Jam Master Jay’s attention at Def Jam.
- How Ja got through time in prison and what he learned while incarcerated.
- Ja responds to Dave Chappelle using him in his stand up.
- They discuss the fraudulent ‘Fyre’ music festival and if there are regrets.
- His current endeavors including ‘Iconic Sounds’ management and his booking platform ‘Iconn’.