Just when you thought it was over, they re-emerge. The riders of doom, the four horsemen of the apocalypse have assembled. Underground Hip-Hop’s ‘DETOX’, the fabled album that has been 20 years in the making, has now finally seen the light of day, as HRSMN have released ‘The Last Ride’.
The four HRSMN (Ras Kass, Kurupt, Killah Priest, Canibus) were all at the height of their major label careers when their intended debut album, ‘The Horsemen Project’, was leaked online and massively bootlegged. The leak consisted of nine unmixed and un-mastered songs that would go on to sell over 100K units; and not a dime in revenue for the group.
There have been intermittent starts and stops along the journey for HRSMN, with a few singles and various collaborative appearances, and a full reunion track on Canibus’ ‘Fait Accompli’ album; which once again began to build momentum with fans that the super-group would reunite and finally release a true official debut album.
That time is now! HRSMN have finally reunited to bring the world, ‘The Last Ride’, (aka The Debut Final Album) which features guest appearances and production from Planet Asia, Hus Kingpin, Chino XL, Wais P, RBX, Phil Da Agony, Tragedy Khadafi, Bronze Nazareth, and Anno Domini.
‘The Last Ride’ displays the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in true biblical fashion. Kurupt (Famine), Ras Kass (Pestilence), Canibus (War), and Killah Priest (Death), all coming together to bring light to the ills of the world; and reclaiming their rightful throne as one of the most dominant lyrical forces Hip-Hop, and the world has ever witnessed.
“‘The Last Ride’ is the culmination of at least two false starts since we banded together to become HRSMN around 2000. Our first records were massively bootlegged by a ‘friend’, and what was released were unmixed, un-mastered, and incomplete concepts. We are the first rap Super-Group! No one before us had connected various cities and international rap icons together like we did. Our brothers Slaughterhouse proved that four artists and lyricists from different crews could connect and execute, that there’s strength in numbers; and that was a big motivating factor in us wanting to complete an album. At least one album” Ras Kass lamented. “After twenty-years, we finally have an album to give to the world. It was a journey that almost never got closure, and that’s why this is our ‘DEBUT FINALE.’ HRSMN and ‘The Last Ride’ fills a void, and it’s what Hip-Hop needs today! It’s a breath of fresh air in a really convoluted marketplace. Just pure BARDOM. High on concept, high in depth of intelligence. ‘The Last Ride’ is high energy, hardcore Hip-Hop.”
To celebrate the release of ‘The Last Ride’, HRSMN also released a new video for “Champion”, featuring Planet Asia, Chino XL, & Blakkamoore which you can view below.
‘The Last Ride’ Tracklisting:
- Sintro (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest)
- Centaurs (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest)
- This Shit Right Here (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest)
- Champion (Ras Kass x Killah Priest) featuring Planet Asia, Chino XL, & Blakkamoore
- Morticians (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest)
- One Second (Ras Kass x Kurupt) featuring Hus Kingpin
- Love and War (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Killah Priest) featuring Wais P & Kia Jeffries
- Believer (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest) featuring inDJnous
- False Profits (Killah Priest)
- Apocalips Now (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest) featuring Dina Rae
- Impossible (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest) featuring RBX
- Burger King (Ras Kass x Killah Priest) featuring Phil Da Agony, El Gant, Al Tejeda, & Fokis
- The Last Ride (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest)
- Ride On (Ras Kass x Kurupt x Canibus x Killah Priest) featuring Tragedy Khadafi
HRSMN’s ‘The Last Ride’ album is now available via Fat Beats Records on all DSPs, and in physical formats, including 2X Vinyl LP, CD, and limited-edition collectors cassette.
You can now stream & cop HRSMN’s ‘The Last Ride’ album at your preferred DSP