From Charlamagne Tha God’s and iHeartMedia’s The Black Effect Podcast Network, comes a brand new episode of financial literacy podcast Earn Your Leisure -- in today’s episode, hosts Rashad Bilal and Troy Millings are joined by one of the world’s most influential hip hop moguls, Fat Joe, who has reinvented himself during COVID, including creating a top Instagram show where he hosts nightly interviews with the biggest names in entertainment.
Rashad and Troy spoke with Joe about his music career, the inner workings of running a record label, becoming an entrepreneur, his plans for opening an organic bakery, and more. He also delved into his financial trials and tribulations, mistakes that artists make with their finances, and he explained in detail how an accountant and financial mismanagement brought him to federal jail.
- (05:20) Fat Joe talks about all of the other artists he helped to get their start -- including helping Pitbull get his first record deal.
- (07:32) How Terror Squad became a full fledged record label and the first artists to be signed.
- (09:46) Joe mentions writing a book about his life and come up.
- (17:01) Joe talks about why Puff Daddy has been smart with branding and business.
- (22:00) Joe gets very real about his early drug dealing career -- and how he gained experience as an entrepreneur from this.
- (32:42) He teases a new business venture (organic bakery) he’s working on opening in NYC.
...and much more!