In this episode of "People's Party With Talib Kweli," Kweli and Jasmin Leigh sit down with rapper and member of the legendary Memphis rap group Three 6 Mafia:
Three 6 Mafia and Gangsta Boo's lasting influence on the culture is indisputable...Below is some of what you'll hear over the next hour:
- Being raised in Memphis, Tennessee, and how the city influenced and shaped her style.
- What she thought of Three 6 Mafia and the horrorcore scene when she first arrived.
- Crunchy Black and how he's holding up after the tragic murder of his daughter, Ashley.
- How she's been able to maintain her sanity during Covid and not being able to perform.
- Love for Outkast and how much Boo enjoys recording at Stankonia Studios.
- Feeling resented by artists that get compared to her persona and style.
- Where the concept for 'Where Dem Dollas At' originated from.
- What she misses most about working with Koopsta Knicca and the legacy he left behind.
- Why she left Three 6 Mafia after her solo release 'Both Worlds *69'.
- Why she's always called on for collaborations by bands with cult followings.
- Working with Run the Jewels and her thought process of writing for their collab 'Love Again'.
- Details on her upcoming album 'Booprint' and what else is on the horizon for her and Three 6.