DJ Khaled talks about his early, unreleased records, the importance of orchestrating a collaboration between Nas and Jay Z plus more on Spotify and Mass Appeal’s new podcast, "The Bridge: 50 Years Of Hip Hop".
Grammy Award winning artist Nas and radio personality Minya “Miss Info” Oh sit down the multi GRAMMY Award winning artist, beloved personality and producer, DJ Khaled.
Mass Appeal/Spotify Original podcast "The Bridge: 50 Years Of Hip Hop" is a talk show that features lively conversations with a plethora of guests ranging from iconic rappers, producers, to today’s popular artists to explore the ways in which hip hop influenced society.
In a very candid conversation, DJ Khaled recalls:
- Running into Nas in the front of House of Blues in New Orleans (5:00-7:00)
- The early days before Khaled reached his stardom in Florida and New Orleans (11:00-15:00)
- Dream collaborations & the art of DJing (17:00-19:30)
- Getting Nas and Jay Z on a track together (22:30-26:00)
- His perspective on success and ambition (33:00-35:00)
"The Bridge: 50 Years Of Hip Hop" is part of one of many digital activations that will be rolled out over the course of the next two years Mass Appeal’s #HipHop50 multi-tiered campaign.
The cross-platform initiative will celebrate, acknowledge and honor 50 years of Hip Hop through unscripted series and features, music releases, podcasts, interactive programming and digital shorts by and about some of the foremost names in the genre.