Bucs WR Mike Evans Reveals How He Had More College Basketball Offers Than Football & Obsession With Harry Potter On 'Truss Levelz'
Yesterday (11.19.2020), Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans joined fellow NFL superstars Mark Ingram and Cam Jordan for the latest episode of the “Truss Levelz” podcast to discuss how he had more college basketball offers than football, what it's like playing with Tom Brady, and his obsession with Harry Potter (he’d be placed in Gryffindor, of course).
Episode highlights include:
- Mike talks about not playing football until his senior year of high school (2:48): “Junior year spring [basketball], after the season was over I was like going into senior year, why not, let me just do all the sports.”
- Mike talks about committing to Texas A&M more basketball offers than football, and how his visit to Texas A&M changed everything (8:22): “I went on an unofficial visit to Texas A&M which is 3 hours from where I’m from.... I wasn’t committed to basketball or football and they [the football team] were getting ready for the Cotton Bowl and I was just at the facility watching practice saying man I could come here and play early, I’m already better than these guys.”
- Mike shares that he knew by his freshman year he would leave for the NFL, and then still was chosen as 7th pick (10:30): “There was nothing else I could do with college… I had that planned early too - my first year playing I was like I’m probably going to leave after this year.”
- Mike tells the guys Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson is the hardest defender in the league he has played against (15:40): “Usually I love when guys press me... and he was just so physical and smart and knew what route was coming, ball skills through the roof. He was that deal.”
- Mike discusses his obsession with Harry Potter, and which house he thinks he would be a part of (27:27)
Stay tuned for more episodes of Truss Levelz’ interviews every Thursday!!!