Benny The Butcher and Black Soprano Family announce new album ‘Long Live DJ Shay’ plus drop “Times Is Rough” video.
Along with the album announcement, they also released a new single and video for “Times Is Rough”, which is produced by the legendary DJ Premier.
“Times Is Rough” is now available!!!
‘Long Live DJ Shay’, is a celebration of the legacy and impact of DJ Shay (RIP), not only for BSF and Griselda, but his lasting impact on the culture.
‘Long Live DJ Shay’ is Benny’s 'Roc La Familia' project, a warning shot for the streets that not only showcase himself and his label but more importantly his burgeoning roster of talent; and those closely associated with him.
‘Long Live DJ Shay’ features appearances and production from Benny and his BSF brethren along with Westside Gunn, Conway The Machine, Boldy James, Stove God Cooks, Krayzie Bone, Armani Caesar, DJ Premier, The Alchemist, & Jansport J.
“‘Long Live DJ Shay’! We put so much into this knowing he is watching down on us, and I know this is gonna wake everyone up,” Benny The Butcher confidently asserts. “B$F is the biggest. I promise you we them ones. The album is top-notch; from production to the rhymes and it’s entirely mixed by the legendary Young Guru, so I know it’s gone pop out ya speakers the right way.”
No one questions Benny The Butcher’s stardom, but in 2021, he officially became an undisputed multi-hyphenate.
His acting debut in Griselda’s first foray into motion pictures, "Conflicted", set off an influx of acting offers.
Benny also ushered in his new sports marketing agency, with clients consisting of NFL Players, BMX riders, and freestyle skiers.
Further, Benny was tapped by his beloved Buffalo Bills to create the team’s theme song as they make a push for the Super Bowl and became an official team spokesperson.
Keeping the plugs happy, Benny’s 'The Plugs I Met 2' sequel not only exceeded fan expectations, but was a press favorite; as it was included on EOY Best of 2021 lists from many esteemed media outlets.
Perhaps, Benny’s biggest moment was the announcement of his new solo deal with Snoop Dogg’s newly helmed Def Jam Records; and in Snoop’s first act as Def Jam President, was his signing of Benny to lead the label’s reiteration.
To cap off his unparalleled run, Benny was nominated for BET’s “Best New Artist” award for 2022.
Benny’s Black Soprano Family (consisting of Rick Hyde, Heem, Loveboat Luciano, Young World, Flexxbabyy, Cristina Mackey, and its newest signees Fuego Base and ElCamino) imprint has experienced similar success, as projects from Heem ('Long Story Short'), Rick Hyde ('Plates 2' & 'Stima'), and their most recent collective effort, 'Trust The Sopranos', all debuted in the top 10 on DSPs, and resulted in a 300% percent growth for all BSF artists on DSPs.
'Long Live DJ Shay' Tracklisting:
- Intro (Fuego Base) featuring Westside Gunn [Produced by DJ Shay]
- Shay Face (Rick Hyde & Benny The Butcher) [Produced by SixFiggaDigga]
- 297 Parkside (Rick Hyde & ElCamino) featuring Stove God Cooks [Produced by Camoflauge Monk]
- Danger Zone (Heem & Rick Hyde) featuring OT The Real [Produced by Rick Hyde]
- Pandemic (Rick Hyde) featuring Conway The Machine & Cory Gunz [Produced by The Alchemist]
- Skit [Sit Down At Preemo]
- Times Is Rough (Benny The Butcher, Rick Hyde, & Heem) [Produced by DJ Premier]
- Mustachios (Heem) featuring Boldy James & Chase Fetti [Produced by DJ Shay]
- Li-Lo (ElCamino & Loveboat Luciano) featuring Krayzie Bone [Produced by Illtone716]
- Respect To Shay [Joe Budden Skit]
- Bigger BSF (Benny The Butcher, Rick Hyde, & Heem) featuring Armani Caesar [Produced by Rick Hyde]
- Brody (Heem & ElCamino) [Produced by Jansport J]
Black Soprano Family's 'Long Live DJ Shay' album will be released on 9.9.2022 via Black Soprano Family/MNRK Music Group.
You can now purchase, add, and favorite Black Soprano Family's “Times Is Rough” track at your preferred DSP