Big Sean and The Sean Anderson Foundation hosted the 4th Annual DON Weekend.
Multi-platinum artist, philanthropist, and entrepreneur Big Sean returned to Detroit for the 4th Annual Detroit's On Now (DON) Weekend presented by the Sean Anderson Foundation (SAF) in partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan and President Mary Sheffield's, Detroit City Councilperson for District 5, Occupy The Corner Initiative.
DON Weekend was presented by The Detroit Pistons, The Mullick Foundation, MGM Grand, and DUO Restaurant & Lounge.
DON Weekend activities included: Annual Block Party, DON Talks (panel conversations), Celebrity Kickball Tournament, DON Awards Ceremony, and more.
Saturday's block party took place at Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan: Lloyd H. Diehl Campus.
VIP Reception: Friday, August 26, 2022
DON Awards Presentation
- The "Moves" Award – Detroit-based Brand of the Year
- The "Friday Night Cypher" Award Winners
- The "DON LIFE" Award – Nonprofit of the Year
- The "One (Wo)Man Can Change the World" Award – Rising Star of the Year (Youth)
- The "Marvin & Chardonnay" Award – Restaurant of the Year
- The "Baddest" Award – Detroit Youth Athlete of the year
Block Party: Saturday, August 27, 2022
- Black Men In Fashion
- Yoga Session by The Healing
- The Healing Mental Health Discussion
- Creative Talent Fund Talk
- Helping children find their passion and achieve their goals
- Carnival Games
- Pinewood Derby Races
- Kids Arts & Crafts BGCSM Sports League Youth Kickball Tournament
- E-Gaming Tournament
- Soap Box Cars Display Opens
- Outdoor Art Walk
- Grand Prix Photo Station
- Community Wrap Around Services
- Pony Ride Demonstrations
- Industry Clubs Demonstrations