There are so many reasons why it is important to support Black-owned businesses. Black-owned businesses represent just 7 percent of all small businesses in the U.S., but they create jobs and contribute to the economic strength of urban communities.
Many more people would like to support Black-owned businesses by buying their products & services, but they often lack information on where exactly they are located. So, here are 7 websites & apps that will help you find & support Black-owned businesses across the globe:
- iZania.com: A social networking site for Black entrepreneurs, professionals, & consumers. The site includes a business directory, networking forum, online marketplace, blogs, & more.
- WhereYouCameFrom.biz: A local business search app with up-to-date information on Black-owned businesses in the Atlanta area. The businesses are listed across categories and even ranked according to the number of referral counts received by peers.
- WeBuyBlack.com: The largest online marketplace for Black businesses & sellers. Black-owned vendors include clothing & accessories, jewelry, toys, and games for children, health & beauty products, products for the home, and more.
- Afroworld.org: A website of global Black businesses & Black professionals. Their slogan is "We Help Afroworld Professionals & Consumers Connect". The site allows consumers to search for African-American professionals & businesses by specialty or location, and compare quotes, reviews, & profiles on each Afroworld professional.
- BlackBusinessNetwork.com: Produced by Tag Team Marketing, this site specializes in marketing the products & services of Black-owned businesses to Black consumers. Business owners from all over the world can sell their products & services through the online store, and consumers can shop for products they know are made from Black-owned companies.
- PurchaseBlack.com: An online marketplace to find quality products from selected Black-owned businesses. They also have a mobile app that allows customers to search Black-owned products & services.
- 2MillionJobs.com: An online initiative that encourages people to spend $20 every week with local and/or online Black businesses. Their goal is to create two million jobs for Black workers and eliminate unemployment for Blacks by the year 2017.