Eco-friendly products are organic products that do not harm the environment in anyway, whether it’s in the production process or at the time of disposal. Such products include foods, drinks, skincare, hair care, and more. A record number of consumers are now more health-conscious in their buying habits because they believe in preserving the environment, as well as their own personal health.
- Alice Inc: This skincare company specializes in crafting affordable, handmade creams, oils, butters and soaps for all types of natural hair and skin. Their top ingredients include coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and other essentials to help your natural hair and skin thrive.
- Gilliard Farms: Located in Brunswick, Georgia, Gilliard Farms is a Black family-owned and operated organic farm that dates back to 1876. The farm has never used chemicals on their crops.
- CURLS, LLC: Entrepreneur Mahisha Dellinger founded CURLS in 2002 in Elk Grove, California. They are a leader in the natural hair care industry and use only certified organic ingredients in their products.
- True Laundry Detergent: Established in 2012 by three Black entrepreneurs, this Atlanta-based company specializes in eco-friendly laundry detergent. They have over 25 distributors and currently do business in over 18 states throughout the country.
- Ellis Island Tea: Ellis Infinity Beverage Company was founded in 2008 by Nailah Ellis-Brown. Their specialty is Ellis Island Tropical Tea, an all-natural, hibiscus tea with a Jamaican blend. The recipe came from the founder’s great grandfather and is now online and at Sam’s Club.
- Naturalicious: Founded by entrepreneur Gwen Jimmere, this Detroit-based company produces and sells non-toxic Black hair care products. The products are available online at select Sally Beauty and WholeFoods locations.
- BLAC Minerals: This company specializes in all natural makeup for women of color. All their products are free from animal testing, FD&C synthetic lakes and dyes, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, propylene glycol, benzene, mineral oil, petroleum, peanut oil, triclosan, and other chemicals.