Trending Now

5-Year-Old Chloe Woods Saves Her Blind Grandma From House Fire [#BlackGirlMagic]

At only 5-years-old, Chloe Woods is considered a hero. The Kenner, Louisiana native saved her blind grandmother’s life when her stove caught on fire.

Woods’ quick thinking was a result of her school’s recent visit to the Kenner Fire House where she learned what to do in the midst of danger. Upon hearing her grandmother’s smoke detector go off, Chloe rushed into the elder’s room and told her to hold onto her shoulder as she navigated them out of the house.

“I wanted water, to pour on it,” said Chloe who made the better decision to leave instead of trying to take matters into her own hands. The little girl also made sure the family dog left the scene.

Chloe’s mother, Shone Arceneaux, was in the area dropping off other kids as part of a carpool when the fire initially happened. She got to the scene in the midst of Chloe running to a neighbor’s home to call 911.

Kenner Fire Department Chief John Hellmers said that because the little girl paid attention on a field trip, tragedy was avoided.

“She saved her grandmother’s life and saved her own life,” said Hellmers.

VannDigital is currently hosted by DreamHost.
© 2009 VannDigital & Vann Digital Networks, All Rights Reserved.
Original content by VannDigital is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike International License.
HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com